Sonntag, Februar 01, 2009

Sporty McSport's Sports Roundup

Fucking great Super Bowl. My favorite moment: a combo. (1) James Harrison, defenseman of the year, running to the edge of his Apollonian physical abilities to score a 100-yard touchdown. (2) James Harrison, possible asshole or nutcase, 20 minutes later, mercilessly pounding on a kneeling Cardinal with closed fist and shoves. This is such a blood sport. I lurve it.

I wish they had told me ahead of time that Jennifer Hudson was lipsynching. I was so nervous for her it marred my appreciation of one of the two best National Anthems I've ever heard (Whitney Houston's was also great, and so full of joy).





Faith Hill was predictably awful, and it's kind of shocking to hear that hers was also pre-recorded. It's one thing to breathe between every single word when you're under stress, but I guess that's her idea of musicianship. Lifeless, awful.

Still don't get Bruce Springsteen. He seemed really corny and reminded me a lot of Huey Lewis. Is Huey Lewis a Bruce Springsteen ripoff? The News and The E-Street Band seem to have similar compositions.


Please note matching guys in berets, matching guys with beards, and matching one black guy.

Keine Kommentare: