Donnerstag, Januar 06, 2005

Homeboy, Officeboy

I was once declared a cool kid's homeboy for a few seconds. I thought he was mocking me and I said something grumpy. All he wanted was to be my homey, and I rebuffed him most cruelly. I really must have been an awful child.

We are like saltines to the gods;
They crush us for their sport.

A tumbled moment passed between our psyches -
You offered me some access like a dare.
I looked around to see your smile of power
And saw some hint of yielding still in there.
But my Salvation Army shoes aren't Nikes.
I'm not your homeboy, certainly. I'll glower.

Somehow iambic pentameter is different when Shakespeare does it.

I am, I am, I am, I am, I am
Repeating like a trucker full of spam.
You are, you are, you are, you are, you are
Repeating like an echo from afar.
We is, we is, we is, we is, we is
A funny mister and a lovely Ms.

Keine Kommentare: